Thursday, December 18, 2008

Leaning Tower of Lisa



So I wrenched my back this week and sent it into a crippling spasm. This wasn't accomplished by attempting a particularly athletic move, engaging in wild sex, or even lifting something heavy. Nope. I merely stood up after taking a pee. I immediately recognized the seering pain across my lower hemisphere as the begining of an all-too-familiar-contortion. I fell to the ground clutching my ice pack, and began to pray that it wasn't so...then I cried...and finally, yes, I cussed. The first time this happened it took 3 weeks for me to heal. The second time was on the morning of our long awaited vacation to San Fran and Redding the summer of '07...it took about a week of chiro and massage treatments until I was at least walking without listing grotesquely to one side. Now I know what it's like to feel 112 years old and I am also aware of how much I take my mobility for granted. I am determined to turn a new leaf this year...no more sickness and no more back wrenching. I resolve to build up my immunity by consuming one bale of Echinacea per week along with my vitamins and a truckload of vegetables, and (gulp!) turn the development of my physical fitness over to my husband. I'm scared. He will make me into a "Crossfit Nasty Girl". I bet those chicks don't put out their backs when they go to the bathroom.

3 comments:

  1. Ow! Hope you heal quickly =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took you 3 weeks to heal from cussing??:)
    Sorry for trying to be funny when you are in pain! I really hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww feel better soon! <3

    ReplyDelete