Friday, December 5, 2008



This is Mt. Shasta...our new home in Redding CA offers a spectacular view of her to the north. Every time I see her I get this weird lil jump in my heart...I look for her whenever I'm out - can I see her from this hill? Where is she now? The number one cause of traffic accidents in Redding is from newcomers craning their necks to gaze at her beauty as they drive. Kidding...but believable. I asked my friend Caroline, who has lived here her whole life, if she has ever stopped being freaked out by the beauty here. She hasn't. I hope I never will either. It takes my breathe away.

I went on a walk yesterday with Duke in the balmy air of December (Really? December?). I'm having a hard time feeling like Christmas is just days away...like when I see someone in their shirt sleeves stringing lights on their house, or a plastic Santa frolicking in the green grass. I took a trip to Michael's yesterday to get into card making mode...maybe that will help. Mt. Shasta's gonna be on my cards.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging... so stoked that I'm your first commenter!!! I'll be checking back to hear all about your life :D

    Margi

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw shucks... someone beat me to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sublime! 14,162 of awe. Have you heard about the Lemurians? http://www.siskiyous.edu/shasta/fol/lem/index.htm
    You will never be jaded by this mountain! Welcome new native:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I have an account now, no longer anonymous/Lemurian:)

    ReplyDelete