Saturday, December 13, 2008

Not so Simple Week...

How ironic that, after gushing about our lust for the simple life, the week we just lived through might have been the most complicated one we've had since moving to Redding. I mentioned we are in escrow for a new house...and our truck died three weeks ago (another story in itself). My day timer illustrates what's all gone down the last seven days, if you can make anything out through the mass of criss-crossing scribble: numerous inspections at the house, getting forms from the bank, meeting the realtor late at night to sign papers, 2 late night classes for me, 1 late night class for Brad, the other night a meeting with a classmate to work on a project, a couple chiro appointments, an appointment to get my forms turned in for substitute teaching priviledges, driving up to Shasta Lake City to test drive a car, driving back up another day to pay for our new car (another story in itself), an appointment at DMV to register the new car, another trip up to get the new car, and of course the normal work of a week. And through it all I fought the flu...again. I seem to be getting it once a month at least...I guess I'm havin' a problem getting used to all the new bugs here on the West Coast. So for six days I fueled my body with ginger ale, a couple cans of chicken noodle soup, gummy bears, and 10 crackers. Yummy. The week culminated last night with a 4 hour round trip to Sac to return our rental car. I talked on my cell 'till it died, chewed so much Juicy Fruit that my teeth turned furry, bopped around to crappy songs on the radio like "Hey Baby, Let's go to Vegas", took off my left shoe and sock for variety, saw 6 shooting stars ('n' definately freaked out more than neccesary), marveled at the brightness of the full moon, and tried to stay between the lines. My wonderful husband, who I was looking forward to chatting with all the way home, tipped back his head and checked out. Maybe we'll have time to talk next week!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, and here I thought my life was complicated!! Hope all goes well this next week... we've been hibernating all week with flu, colds and allergies. And it's cold and snowy outside so it's not hard to cozy up in the house right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Took off my left shoe and sock for variety" LOL! That's my favortite part.

    ReplyDelete